yes the picture you see is my goal to remake. i agree its beautiful and would be nice for your living room, bed room or where ever room hahaha to fill empty wall space and give life to it
believe it or not this wall art is easy. I am very lazy and i like things easy yet classy
this will be the things you will need:
2 card board
container lid (must be smaller than the mirror)
sequins (any color)
1 pc nail
glue gun and glue stick
1. i start by drawing a line across using the width of my ruler (because i’m lazy to measure)
2. i cut 1 strip and roll it until i got 3 layers. i clip to hold it together and mark the inside were the strip end with black marker
and mark the ourtside too were it end with red marker (i was using red pen here and its not visible in my camera so i use black marker instead)
3. then i release the clip. place the strip with the whole card board and trace the marked line (each mark on the strip has different length) i turn the strip around and the card board as well then trace the marked line from the strip. (to determine if the mark is for the inside or outside use different color of pen/ marker)
4. i cut all the strip
5. im preparing the masking tape
6. i place the end of the strip on the black mark and taped it.
7. i roll until i reach the other marked line then tape. in this way i’ll make sure those circle are same diameter.
8. i made 3 different sizes. those step above is the meduim size circle. so to make large circle. instead of rolling the strip into 3 layers just roll it only to 2 layers then mark like in the step 2. the strip i use for th large circle is same as the length of medium circle.
9. for the small circle i use the width (the shorter part) of the cardboar rather than the length (longer part) which is the length of the medium circle. i just repeat same thing from step 1 to step7
10. the circle shape of the sunburst above doesn’t make me excited so i plan a different thing so i decided to make it like this
11. i start taping the inside part first.
12. i did not tape them all in one go because i want to paint them in and out and also it will be difficult to paint the edges if they are all taped. i put a medium size circle in the center to stable the container lid in place.
13. after taping them in place. i started to paint them all in white (my favorite color)
14. waiting for it to dry.
15. using the marker i made dots where i want the hole to be for the zip ties. i use the pliers to hold the nail while im heating it in the stove and i push the hot nail through the marked dots. when the nail holes are not hot anymore. i grabed a zip tie push it through the nail hole and lock. then cut off the tails. i did this to secure that the sunburst wont fall. after that i make a hole for the hook.
16. i arrange the circle to my plan shape then tape them together. good thing the masking tape is white so it wont be noticeable and no need for painting again.
17. i start tracing the shape of the circle with paper glue and one by one placing the sequins. i was very careful not to touch the dry or still wet sequins.they just so easy to snap from the glue. (test your gentlness an patience) i started gluing and placing sequins from the center then out.
18. my partner drill a hole in the wall where i want the sunburst be. and put a screw.
19. so this is my sequins sunburst and its 31inches tall
another happy wall in my house